Have Some Health, Honey
Here are 5 surprising health benefits of honey:
1) Honey can kill harmful bacteria and germs. Honey actually contains hydrogen peroxide added by the bees during the honey-making process, so it is effective against bacterial strains like E. coli, salmonella, and staph.
2) Honey can soothe your sore throat. A study of 139 children revealed that honey actually did a better job at soothing coughs and sore throats, as well as improving sleep, than leading cough suppressants. However, honey should not be given to children 1 year or younger.
3) Honey can lower your blood pressure. Honey contains valuable antioxidants which have been linked to lower blood pressure, which is vital for preventing heart disease.
4) Honey can reduce harmful cholesterol. Studies have shown honey to not only reduce “bad” cholesterol, but also significantly raise “good” cholesterol.
5) Honey can even help heal wounds and burns. Honey’s antioxidants nourish injured tissue, helping it to heal faster. It is also particularly effective against ulcers.